While academics are the most important part of school, extracurricular activities can be very beneficial to your child’s development, social skills, and overall education among other things. In fact, extracurricular activities are known to improve academic performance and increase student engagement.
If you are thinking about enrolling your child at Tabernacle Christian School in Hickory, North Carolina, here are some extracurricular activities to consider:
- Music- Ensembles as well as piano and voice lessons are available for students who want to participate in music.
- Art- We offer opportunities for students to develop their art skills.
- Drama- For TCS students interested in acting, our fine arts program offers drama opportunities.
- Creative Writing- Students who want to write poems, short stories, and other genres may enjoy participating in competitions.
- Basketball- Joining a basketball team is fun and rewarding for many students.
- Volleyball- Playing volleyball is another opportunity for students to grow spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
- Soccer- Girls’ soccer is available and is a great way for students to learn teamwork, leadership, and other important values.
- Baseball- Baseball is available for middle school and high school-aged students.
- Golf- Both boys and girls can enjoy golf and learn from it to positively impact other areas of their lives.
For more information about our extracurricular activities, when they are offered, or who they are available to, contact us today. We very much look forward to helping your child have an enriched, Christian education at our school through our athletics and fine arts programs.